Best is relative, so I'll make it simple. These were the cars that I found myself going back to check out, as the first look simply wasn't enough. I'd be happy to have the keys to any, though it's doubtful I ever will (I need to reduce the cost of my taste).
1. NSX - 3 electric motors and a longitudinal mid-mounted twin-turbo V6, and at least 550 ponies. This thing was breathtaking in the flesh.
2. Ford GT - Thanks for the surprise Ford! 3.5L mid-mounted twin-turbo V6 with over 600 HP. Yes, and I'll take it in blue as well.
3. Toyota FT-1 - The Supra and NSX were always some of my favorites. This incredible successor ignites all of the boy-racer genes in my blood.
4. Alfa 4C - It's been out for a bit now, and journalists have loved driving it. A pure drivers car making the statement that reduced weight makes for a better ride. Cars have gotten so heavy these days, so it's impressive and refreshing to see a sports cars weighing in under 2,500 lbs.
5. Tank - Whatever, tanks are awesome. We'd all take it for a spin given the opportunity. This one's powered by a Cummins diesel that cranks out over 600 HP. The exterior is covered in modular explosives that project outward when contacted, preventing heavy arms from penetrating into the cabin.
Special thanks to Shell for bringing me out, and letting me check out the Eco-marathon car (and ride along with Brad Keselowski!). The Shell Eco-marathon Americas will take place in Detroit this year from April 9-12, and is free to attend. See you there!